The Google Clan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm at a loss.....pb is not working in my Steam dl'd CoD Modern Warfare

4 posters

Go down

I'm at a loss.....pb is not working in my Steam dl'd CoD Modern Warfare Empty I'm at a loss.....pb is not working in my Steam dl'd CoD Modern Warfare

Post by jOn3z3y Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:45 am

Ok,here's a rundown on the scenario. I dl'd CoD MW from Steam (along w/ 4 other CoD titles). Installed it....everything went fine according to the installers.

I started multiplayer last night,it gave an error saying it couldn't start PB,but didn't elaborate further. I quickly opened task manager,find that pnkbstrA.exe and B.exe are running as per usual (I have several PB games that are still working fine,only MW is having a problem).

I opened console typed in cl_pb wait1000,still nothing. I tried to do a pb update. It showed it updated,but still the same thing.

I opened the pb files is MW,it didn't create 1/2 of the pb files needed. So I manually added the correct files and then proceeded to update again. It reported my PB was out of date (??? I had just updated pb).

I then ran the PB diagnostic tests....and it said it could'nt find the .dll files in sys32,I grabbed them off my notebook and copied them over. Then I finally was allowed to connect. For added measure,I added firewall exceptions for all pb components,just in case.

All for nothing as w/in 2 minutes I was kicked for "no packet flow. PB B.exe not running". B.s.,it's running in task manager.

Now...I downloaded the old PBsetup.exe and,ofc since Steam's Cod .exe is really a link that looks like an .exe icon....I can't even point PBsetup to the actual .exe for it to manually install. :mad:

I even tried placing a mini disc image file (No disc fix) .exe in the file to give PB something to point to for a base of reference....no dice.

I'm out of options. I have exhausted my considerable knowledge of PB and have absolutely no idea what's wrong. I posted in Steams forum,no reply. Sent several inquiries to Steam tech support,same thing.

Now,I'm tired and agravated and the only thing I can possibly think of is that Steam has to be installed to C:\ to run the PB installation correctly....which I cannot do w/ an SSD of limited size. (it's currently installed to one of my storage drives).

Any ideas?

Oh,btw. PB's support ticket sites have been down for over a year,and I confirmed they still are before posting anything.
jOn3z3y
jOn3z3y

Number of posts : 2272
Birthday : 1973-10-31
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Back to top Go down

I'm at a loss.....pb is not working in my Steam dl'd CoD Modern Warfare Empty Re: I'm at a loss.....pb is not working in my Steam dl'd CoD Modern Warfare

Post by nfkiller Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:29 am

right click on the game in your steam > properties > local files > verify integrity of game cache or something..., if that doesnt work, delete local content and reinstall

(right click, delete local content, name will turn grey, just click it to reinstall)
nfkiller
nfkiller
Admin

Number of posts : 687
Birthday : 1995-03-22
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

I'm at a loss.....pb is not working in my Steam dl'd CoD Modern Warfare Empty Re: I'm at a loss.....pb is not working in my Steam dl'd CoD Modern Warfare

Post by jOn3z3y Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:34 am

Did that twice....same results after 2 reinstallations. Sorry,after chugging away at it for almost 10 hours....I'm tired and wasn't thinking of everything I've done.

Edit/Rant/ I copied and pasted that from my identical post on overclock.net,and you know...the only reply I've gotten asked if I'd tried updating PB. Which I'm pretty sure, I overemphasized in the original post. Fckn mouthbreathers. :/
jOn3z3y
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by BunBun<3 Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:59 am

well since your running on windows 7 and with steam you can launch mw with out steam just open your steam apps and run it in windows xp cap over steam that way it launches also make sure you set the pb files to be run as admin and with windows xp comp it works fine that way
BunBun<3
BunBun<3
Admin

Number of posts : 2035
Birthday : 1989-09-07
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:00 am

I figured out the problem. My dl via steam included the 2.7 PBsetup.exe. Incompatible w/ the 3.4 version I am running on all my games.

Funny thing is,as soon as I got it all worked out....pb kept kicking me for a "disallowed program/driver". Guess what that turned out to be?

Steams overlay! lol....went to offline mode for the game,and no further problems.

But seriously,how ghetto is that? Steam's installer has the incorrect PB version....PB is incompatible w/ Steam's overlay that's required to start the program. Ffs, what is the malfunction w/ these idiots?
jOn3z3y
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by KiSMiT Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:21 am

IDK but I installed CSS and cant play.....even tho I can access my steam account...........Im pretty sure its 64bit compatible.........Coz I cant run battlefield...its only 32.
KiSMiT
KiSMiT

Number of posts : 1126
Birthday : 2008-12-06
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by BunBun<3 Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:41 am

lol.......well if your using windows 7 x64 you can use any game and program no problems either its x32 or x64

it also depends on what system your using

also when you install codmw on steam it asks you to update it and allows you to
BunBun<3
BunBun<3
Admin

Number of posts : 2035
Birthday : 1989-09-07
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum