The Google Clan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enabling cheats

5 posters

Go down

Enabling cheats Empty Enabling cheats

Post by BunBun<3 Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:05 pm

Enabling cheats

Cheats are very useful if you just want to play a map by yourself. For example, if you are practicing your jumping skills and you want to be able to sprint forever without running out of stamina, there's actually a cheat that lets you do that.

The first thing you have to do is start your own server, so go to "Host Game" and start up a server on some map (doesn't matter which map). Then once it loads, go to the console and type:

/devmap <mapname>

For <mapname>, it's whatever map you want to play. For example if the name of the map you want to play is goldrush, then you will say:

/devmap goldrush

This loads the goldrush map, with cheats enabled. If you get some error message saying it can't load the map because of g_gametype or something like that, then try running these 2 commands before you run the devmap command:

/sv_pure 0
/g_gametype 2

So once the map is loaded with devmap, you can start going into the console and enabling some cheats. Here is a list of some cheats you can do:

* /give ammo
-Gives you a shitload of ammo, like 9999 rounds + 15 grenades.

* /give skill X
-Increases a specific skill by 20 XP. The values you can use for X are:
0- Battle sense
1- Engineering
2- First aid
3- Signals
4- Light weapons
5- Heavy weapons
6- Covert ops

* /give skill
-If you use the give skill command without a number after it, it will just add 1 skill point to all of your skills areas (heavy weapons, first aid, etc.)

* /give health
-Pops you back to full health

* /god
-Toggles god mode. In god mode, you can't get hurt.

* /nofatigue
-Toggles nofatigue. If you enable nofatigue, then you can sprint as much as you want without ever running out of stamina. Your stamina bar will drain as if you've run out of stamina, but don't worry, you actually still have full stamina.

* /noclip
-Basically turns you into a spectator. The only difference with "actual" spectator mode is that now you can go through solid objects and walls. You can even float around underground and look up at the map, it's very freaky =^o

* /cg_thirdperson 1
-This will let you play in 3rd person, so you can see yourself running around and stuff. It's kind of neat to watch, although it sucks because then you can't see your crosshair any longer

* /cg_thirdpersonangle X
-Lets you view yourself from a different angle. X is in degrees. If you want to go back to the original angle, just use the reset command.

* /cg_marktime 1000000
-Makes bullet marks take forever to disappear. Useful if you want to test the spread of weapons or something like that.

* /g_debugbullets 1
-This one is pretty sweet. It draws red lines to indicate where all your bullets went. I tried doing this to test the accuracy of the FG42 at far range and it was pretty amazing to see how horrible the accuracy really is.
-Another thing you can use this is for shooting practice. As an example, I tried circle strafing around a palm tree on Oasis and tried to hit the tree as accurately as I could, firing all 20 rounds of my FG42 clip. As you can see in the picture below, g_debugbullets allowed me to see exactly how many bullets hit the tree and how many missed. From the picture, it looks like I missed about 5 shots.

I suppose another thing you could do for circle-strafing practice is launch 2 instances of ET, then make 2 players join- 1 axis, 1 ally. Make one of them go into /god mode (so he can't get hurt). Then practice circle-strafing around him and shooting him in the face and see how good of an accuracy you can get.

Bah. Or you could just strafe around a point on the wall :p

Here are some other commands which can be run on any server so aren't exactly cheat commands, but still pretty cool:

* /set g_gravity X
-Lets you set gravity to some crazy value. Smaller gravity lets you jump around like you're on the moon.
-To reset, just use the reset command (/reset g_gravity).

* /set g_speed X
-Lets you change the player movement speed.

* /dir maps
-If you want to use the "devmap" command, but you're not sure what the official name of the map is, use this command to get a listing of the maps. For example, once I wanted to run the "Ice" map, but it turned out the actual pk3 file is called "et_ice".

* /cmdlist
-Gets a list of all possible scripting commands in ET. Don't trust this list 100% though, I think it includes some leftovers from RTCW that actually don't work any more in ET.

also if u combind them with bots
http://www.wmaker.net/bobots/Bobots-Official-WebSite-The-French-E-T-bots_a50.html
install those in there own et installtion then host a match and type in all those commands its like ur on a server cheating ur brains out xD
BunBun<3
BunBun<3
Admin

Number of posts : 2035
Birthday : 1989-09-07
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Enabling cheats Empty Re: Enabling cheats

Post by $qu!rt Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:22 am

Does any of this stuff work on our nonbot server?
$qu!rt
$qu!rt

Number of posts : 34
Birthday : 1809-05-07
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BunBun<3 Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:25 am

no sometimes on custom i will disable pb and turn on cheats but thats rare and when its empty i was thinking about doing this every other week for like 5 hours lol
BunBun<3
BunBun<3
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nfkiller Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:24 pm

lol that sounds fun

i love bobots

/devmap goldrush
/god
/give ammo

hehe
nfkiller
nfkiller
Admin

Number of posts : 687
Birthday : 1995-03-22
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by BunBun<3 Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:04 pm

nfkiller wrote:lol that sounds fun

i love bobots

/devmap goldrush
/god
/give ammo

hehe

could put them on custom ...
BunBun<3
BunBun<3
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:25 pm

Bobots are great...but,I only wish we could figure a way to make them crouch more than go prone like real players would do.
jOn3z3y
jOn3z3y

Number of posts : 2272
Birthday : 1973-10-31
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by $qu!rt Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:54 pm

what type of bots did they use in oldschool?
$qu!rt
$qu!rt

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:04 pm

Omnibots...standard server bots. But I've never run across a server that used Bobots. They kick ass on omnis,they play almost exactly like people do.
jOn3z3y
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by $qu!rt Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:24 pm

How exactly can you tell for sure besides specing if someone really has a is using a bot? I've often had suspicions but never could really prove anything.
$qu!rt
$qu!rt

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:50 pm

Well,there is no science behind it. Knowing what to look for is the key,but accuracy is somewhat of an indicator. Though that can be tuned down in most bots.

Snap aiming to target outside of their field of view *that you can see. Also tunable to eliminate that as well. Fast distance shots that would take a human a bit of fine tuning w/ the mouse to accurately hit. Pre aiming by the players at targets through walls that they cannot see w/o a wallhack.

Scope walking which is easy to spot vs crouch walking w/ scope (scope walking is smooth movements,crouching bounces) And other than that,the best way to catch them is to have played w/ aimbots and knowing their capabilities from the inside out.

Best way to do this is to set up a 2nd install of ET put it in server mode, load bots and play w/ their settings to find the full extent of what they do.
jOn3z3y
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by $qu!rt Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:00 pm

Ok.
How would I load bots (both aim bots and the cpu players) in a local server?

$qu!rt wrote:Btw I'd use the chat room to talk but my parents have a internet protection thingy on my computer that blocks it and a lot of other things. cheers
$qu!rt
$qu!rt

Back to top Go down

Post by BunBun<3 Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:14 am

i will try loading bobots on the custom server tonight (if no one is on)
BunBun<3
BunBun<3
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:43 am

Im not going to post the full rundown on how in public. But check your inbox,I've given you a good list of what you will need and where to find them. Very Happy
jOn3z3y
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDawg15 Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:20 am

Thanks for the info Jon3z3y. I need the practice so I will definetely try it out. Also,may help me recognize those using.

See ya in game,

BigDawg15
BigDawg15
BigDawg15

Number of posts : 97
Birthday : 1966-12-07
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:41 am

Np....the more people that know what to look for,the better it makes our server,and the more fun we can all have Very Happy
jOn3z3y
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum