The Google Clan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Guide] Divide a video into sections

2 posters

Go down

[Guide] Divide a video into sections Empty [Guide] Divide a video into sections

Post by Boyo Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:12 pm

Last week I came into school hoping to get some pictures from my teacher before he leaves and moves to Germany. guess what? He was gone. So instead I waited for him to show up, got bored, and went to the computer techs room. We greeted each other and she said that she was trying to edit a part of a dvd (this years graduation ceremony). So I helped

The Issue: editing a .vob file

What is a .vob file?: This file is a video file (ex jamesbond.vob is probably a video of james bond). This .vob file could not be read by a mac, windows xp, and a few programs.

How to play it: Windows nor Mac could read it but Windows Media Player found out that there were chapters. So this was a dud

How to really play it: There is a GREAT application called VLC Media Player. It can play pretty much any kind of file and was able to play the video.

Where the solution to edit the video was found: Google

What google found: Google found a great tool called SolveigMM Video Splitter.

Boyo...Get to fucking point im in a hurry: To eddit the video simply install SolveigMM Video Splitter and VLC Media player. Start up SolveigMM Video Splitter say yes to pretty much everything when it starts up. Play the video and press M to place markers to mark begining to end sections of the video. once you have marked everything click into the sections of video that you dont want and press Delete. Finally press CTRL and S to choose where to save it, pop it onto a dvd, and your done =D

Last edited by Boyo on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Boyo
Boyo

Number of posts : 501
Birthday : 1989-01-29
Registration date : 2009-01-28

http://Benjaminwelch.com

Back to top Go down

[Guide] Divide a video into sections Empty Re: [Guide] Divide a video into sections

Post by SpooN Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:10 pm

Thanks, may* come in handy.

*I have a bad memory these days. Smile

SpooN

Number of posts : 171
Birthday : 1988-09-03
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Back to top Go down

[Guide] Divide a video into sections Empty Re: [Guide] Divide a video into sections

Post by Boyo Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:17 pm

Np Very Happy
Boyo
Boyo

Number of posts : 501
Birthday : 1989-01-29
Registration date : 2009-01-28

http://Benjaminwelch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down