The Google Clan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have ya got other hobbies besides online gaming?

+25
DirkTheSupernaut
Epic
nfkiller
mushroom
Ownerer
Silas
Boyo
Lamma_smoker
FiLbY
TheMuffinmaster
Shogun
Ottis
doofus
Teal'c
--RAMBO--
SpooN
jOn3z3y
Tossg!rl
Pinhead
BunBun<3
Plymouth
Kira
Ms. DoOdLe BuG
Buck Compton
KiSMiT
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Have ya got other hobbies besides online gaming? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have ya got other hobbies besides online gaming?

Post by jOn3z3y Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:57 am

ya know...it occured to me I left out a big one,I'm also a halloween baby. My b-day in fact, and I make lots of custom animatronic effects. I didn't end up doing a display this year but the next,I'll have to take some vid and put it up for your viewing pleasure.
jOn3z3y
jOn3z3y

Number of posts : 2272
Birthday : 1973-10-31
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Back to top Go down

Have ya got other hobbies besides online gaming? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have ya got other hobbies besides online gaming?

Post by Lamma_smoker Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:39 am

Awesome everyone!! I would love to play a show with you guys Buck, with one condition...I get to headline hahahaha jk.
As for my hobbies I am a musician, but that isn't really a hobby for me, more like my life. However, I enjoy hackey-sack, art, and nature. Pretty much anything that is associated with enjoying, or preserving the natural world, then I am down. Also, I love learning/school....knowledge is power!!! study
Lamma_smoker
Lamma_smoker

Number of posts : 600
Birthday : 1989-04-29
Registration date : 2009-09-26

http://www.myspace.com/therude1

Back to top Go down

Post by Boyo Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:14 am

I'm just a computer geek.
-always on 1 of 3 or 2/3, if I'm watching Hulu and playing games, on laptops
- play a wee bit of guitar
- do a lot of sharing with my friends, anything but virus's
- help fix other people's computers at school, mostly bloatware or maleware bs
- Think of better ways to construct my website
- Got a crackberry Curve locked ofc from verizon Evil or Very Mad

That's it lol

Last edited by Boyo on Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Boyo
Boyo

Number of posts : 501
Birthday : 1989-01-29
Registration date : 2009-01-28

http://Benjaminwelch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BunBun<3 Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:23 am

ur not a geek ur a script kiddie Smile

well still what i said before lol
BunBun<3
BunBun<3
Admin

Number of posts : 2035
Birthday : 1989-09-07
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Silas Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:01 am

Mastering the Art of Galaga...
But yeah i have alot of other hobbies
I play alot of guitar hero
I do alot of drawing and i enjoy reading short stories/mythology/legends
i have 2 pet snakes(not including the ones i catch during the summer)
anda bearded dragon...........
cooking is also a hobby....?
but I do enjoy life risking activities i.e. sleeping and eating...
and i enjoy any horror movies

and i am an expert when it come to zombies...
and i enjoy running around in pajamas beating people to pulp at night.
Silas
Silas

Number of posts : 41
Birthday : 1901-05-07
Registration date : 2010-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:44 am

Kismit has bearded dragons as well,in her yard. Care to share pic's of them?
Ja,cooking's a hobby...at least I think it is,I'm doing that one now. Black bean soup Smile

Pain in the butt cooking from dried beans tho...5hours and counting
jOn3z3y
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by Silas Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:59 am

I know i hate cooking dried beans...but i have made kickass bakedbeans! Twisted Evil
Silas
Silas

Number of posts : 41
Birthday : 1901-05-07
Registration date : 2010-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by KiSMiT Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:17 am

Yes I will upload some pics of dragons and snakes if ya llike:)
KiSMiT
KiSMiT

Number of posts : 1126
Birthday : 2008-12-06
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by BunBun<3 Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:11 am

it just snowed like heck here 6 inches frist time in 10 years 6 inches...power has been out for the last 17 hours and just got cut back on
BunBun<3
BunBun<3
Admin

Number of posts : 2035
Birthday : 1989-09-07
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Shogun Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:24 am

yeah Ive been following it on the news--freakishly cold weather in the south.
Shogun
Shogun

Number of posts : 1498
Birthday : 1959-02-06
Registration date : 2009-01-23

http://www.scopetrader.com/shogun

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:03 am

It suxz!!! Snow in Florida,that doesn't happen very often. And ofc I get sick in the middle of it Sad
jOn3z3y
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by Ownerer Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:11 am

lol its been 70+ here (hit 75 today) and no clouds. I truly miss the snow Sad and skiing.
Ownerer
Ownerer

Number of posts : 932
Birthday : 1988-12-31
Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by mushroom Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:34 am

im glad we got snow up here i got sick of looking at muddy grass and brown piles of snow everywhere
mushroom
mushroom

Number of posts : 256
Birthday : 1988-02-19
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by nfkiller Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:50 pm

send some of the snow to vancouver lol

it looks like were hosting the summer olympics here lol
nfkiller
nfkiller
Admin

Number of posts : 687
Birthday : 1995-03-22
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ownerer Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:23 pm

Lol I forgot nf that you were over there! That's got to be awesomeness!! I want watch the super G and GS!!
Ownerer
Ownerer

Number of posts : 932
Birthday : 1988-12-31
Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:38 pm

Ahhh...you guys can have it! I...don't....want...it!!! Very Happy I have'nt enjoyed cold since 92' when in the military I spent about the entire month of January well above Greenland.

The one thing that taught me was...I h8 cold! Average day time temps in the -45 to -60F range. Kiss my ass,NO WAY I'm EVER going there again. Gimme subtropical heat and humidity anyday. Razz
jOn3z3y
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by Epic Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:25 am

I take your side, hehe, i like the heat better than the cold
Epic
Epic

Number of posts : 108
Birthday : 1996-04-01
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by DirkTheSupernaut Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:43 am

Why are you guys arguing whether it's worse to have extreme heat or cold? They both suck!
DirkTheSupernaut
DirkTheSupernaut

Number of posts : 115
Birthday : 1994-09-30
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by nfkiller Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:25 am

why are you bumping old topics? it sucks!
nfkiller
nfkiller
Admin

Number of posts : 687
Birthday : 1995-03-22
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamma_smoker Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:56 pm

nfkiller wrote:why are you bumping old topics? it sucks!
Lolz, it was sitckied
Lamma_smoker
Lamma_smoker

Number of posts : 600
Birthday : 1989-04-29
Registration date : 2009-09-26

http://www.myspace.com/therude1

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacl Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:39 pm

I like driving my bikes. I have a Honda AX-1 250cc. It's a road/trail cross, but not really suited to proper off-road as the suspension is a little too soft, and you would need to remove the fairing from the headlight to the tank because if you bottom out too much you break it. Good bike for travelling long distances on tar, sand and gravel roads where I live. Parts are pricey as hell though:(

I have CBR 250 Two Stroke also. I was amazed to find one on sale here, at a good price too. Miniblade, love it to bits, but it only works properly in about two places in the country as you are likely to hit any kind of road conditions at any time here. I don't drive it enough & there's no track so I may sell.

I keep the other two in a secure car park and drive a $200 Daelim moped to and from my home/business for security reasons as I live (and run my business) in a very poor part of the city and bikes are a draw. The Daelim is a Korean moped which has many parts in common with a honda Cub. Mine is 100cc and I had the engine rebuilt for $55 this year, painted it up and it beats modern mopeds by a mile. It has three sets of footpegs and a massive bench too which lets me carry up to four small people or three big people, plus me. If you want to see why big bikes are not practical here youtube "Driving in Phnom Penh"

I swim a lot. I used run cross country, but broke stuff and was told to stop. Ditto gaelic football.

Read a lot, run a bar, which is k1inda a hobby too as it takes fuckall effort here, I have a good manager and account system.

Travel. I go somewhere every month. This year mainly remote Cambodian provinces, but I go nuts if I don't move at least once a month. Last year I drove most of western Europe.

Normally I have an old car to work on and sell, but left all my tools in storage when I came here, I did a restoration on a Mk1 golf 1983 last year and the engine was done so I threw in a Mk2 golf 16v GTI engine, that car was trouble, rot everywhere but it sold for a big price and only cost 230 sterling to buy. Here cars are horribly priced, an old camry (95/96) is worth $5, so maybe I won't have a car to fuck with for a while:(

And I drink:D

Jacl
Jacl

Number of posts : 18
Birthday : 1983-10-31
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:58 pm

That's cool...we share alot of the same hobbies except drinking, which I've not done much of since I was in my very early 20's.

I still enjoy bikes of various sorts, powered by motor or pedals. I used to race pretty much anything that had wheels but I've found no time or money for such things in years. I sold my Yamaha TZ-250 a couple of years ago (wish I had'nt actually), which was a 250cc 2 stroke GP bike I raced for a while, then put an RD-350 top end on, and a stator from a Banshee 4 wheeler, to put on the street. That thing was evil, about the power range of a 1100cc 4 stroke, but in an ultralight GP frame which was so light you almost had to sit on it to keep it from floating away.

I still own my old track bitch....an 84' RX-7 IMSA Gtu class that's been converted to SPO category specs. But she's been little more than fired up occaisionally to keep her lubricated, and currently stays in storage. I'll likely be buried in that car, and will never sell her. I'm a rotary and old air cooled VW junkie btw. That and adrenaline too Razz

Otherwise, I tend to take my hobbies and turn them into jobs or businesses. Which I'm currently doing w/ another one of my fascinations. High performance computers. It's alot of work getting a new business off the ground in the high end market, building a reputation and such. So I've not had much time for the gaming lately, unfortunately. Here's a little example of my current system, still under the knife...

Have ya got other hobbies besides online gaming? - Page 2 Dsc00710

Have ya got other hobbies besides online gaming? - Page 2 System10

I used to play football (aka soccer here in the U.S. until knee injuries terminated my childhood love. Martial Arts came a bit after I'd healed though, and continued all the way up until I was 28. I destroyed the joints in my left hand which forced me to stop fighting, though I kept up w/ the forms and learning for a couple years or so after. But the damage was permanent, and I still only have about 80% usage of my left hand today. No one to blame but myself. I pushed to hard whilst doing excersizes and this is the result.

I used to travel alot in earlier years. I've been all over most of western Europe, some of the Eastern side. The Middle East (courtesy of the military) and a little of Northern Africa. A bit of Central and South America and most of the North American continent (36 states including Alaska and also to Canada a few times).

I'm a voracious reader, I speed read. Though, not much as far as non technical reading for the past few years. I'm currently re-reading "The Art of War" for about the 50th time along w/ Sun Pin's "Military Method's of the Art of War".

I'm a close student of history and philosophically speaking, I think that the statement should be that "An intelligent person learns from the mistakes of others, without repeating them." Which I suppose makes us all idiots Very Happy

I'm fascinated w/ science and technology. Old, ancient, and new and I have a pretty severe technical bent. I like building things, engineering them, fabricating, and working with my hands. Which is pretty unusually for someone w/ my type of mind.

I have a pretty strong background in electronic and mechanical engineering, mostly self taught. Though plenty of schooling in those areas too.

Professionally, I've worked on a carrier flight deck (joined when I was 17). Spent 1/2 a decade Dj'ing and in production. Spent a full 10 years building high performance and racing cars and now moved on to computers. Kind of a jack of all trades, and mastered more than a few. I get bored once I master skills I guess, I've stuffed a lifetimes worth of achievements into only a few decades.

Insomnia's a bitch, and there's plenty of time to sleep when I'm dead. Very Happy

jOn3z3y
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by Boyo Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:09 am

Holy shit Jon!!!! Is that heat sink big enough yet?!?!?! Very Happy and wow thats a lot of livin in such short time :O

Something new for me, this year I'm going up to Phili for some tech school program for 11th and 12th graders. Idk how its going to work out but I'm really pumped for it and on paper it looks really kick-ass
Boyo
Boyo

Number of posts : 501
Birthday : 1989-01-29
Registration date : 2009-01-28

http://Benjaminwelch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jOn3z3y Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:10 am

Which one? The cpu or the one on my gpu? Razz I can go a bit larger on my cpu for a little better cooling, now that a couple of newer,bigger, and better coolers have hit the market.

But I'm really not interested in them. I'm going to a type of cooling called Phase Change next, which is a refrigerated type cooling system that allows sub zero or greater cooling. There are less than a handful of Phase Change coolers on the market, but honestly the best ones are homemade custom versions supporting multiple staged cooling loops that can reach temp's of - 180 C or better.

To begin with, my design is based off a large single stage compressor running hexane for the coolant. But I'll graduate to a dual or maybe tri-staged system later on. Being that I can reach a maximum 4.22 Ghz on air cooling currently (for a select few benchmarking programs), means I should be able to run about 1-1.2 Ghz faster than my current best. And possibly 1 Ghz more, later w/ a multi stage. Reliable day to day operations then would be somewhere in the 5.5 Ghz range. Benchmarking should be fairly close to 6 Ghz. Brain exploded yet? lol!

So what about that tech program your enrolled in? That's gotta be pretty exciting for you I'm sure Very Happy
jOn3z3y
jOn3z3y

Back to top Go down

Post by Yossarian Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:52 pm

Haha holy shit Jon! Talk about making the most out of your time!

Feel like inventing me one of these ? shoot
Yossarian
Yossarian

Number of posts : 43
Birthday : 1987-06-26
Registration date : 2009-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum