The Google Clan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disconnect for unknown reason & Punkbuster

5 posters

Go down

Disconnect for unknown reason & Punkbuster Empty Disconnect for unknown reason & Punkbuster

Post by ohdiesel Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:52 pm

Hello,

I downloaded RTCW from filehippo or something like that.

The game cosntantly disconnects saying something about punkbuster.

I tried to update punkbuster from this one website ( its a popular one) and the game completely crashes.

Anybody know how I can get RTCW completely up and running 100%?

OD

ohdiesel

Number of posts : 1
Birthday : 1980-02-27
Registration date : 2009-12-19

Back to top Go down

Disconnect for unknown reason & Punkbuster Empty Re: Disconnect for unknown reason & Punkbuster

Post by Elwood Blues Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:57 am

Maybe your files are corrupted. Go to Filefront and download any or all of the patches. If you're trying to run RTCW and load an RTCW:ET server, obviously it won't work at all.
Elwood Blues
Elwood Blues

Number of posts : 389
Birthday : 1982-05-07
Registration date : 2009-01-19

http://www.phoenix-etclan.com/

Back to top Go down

Disconnect for unknown reason & Punkbuster Empty Re: Disconnect for unknown reason & Punkbuster

Post by jOn3z3y Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:25 am

Best place (ie: most secure) place to get them is cnet.com or from splash damage directly. I prefer c-net bcuz the splash damage download site is bandwidth limited and c-net supports download accelerators. Disconnect for unknown reason & Punkbuster Yepp10
jOn3z3y
jOn3z3y

Number of posts : 2272
Birthday : 1973-10-31
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteLightning Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:44 am

I have been trying to connect for the past week or so and I keep on getting the Disconnect for unknown reason. I have reinstalled ET and made sure that I updated Punkbuster, but the problem still continues. Any ideas?
WhiteLightning
WhiteLightning

Number of posts : 5
Birthday : 1988-09-21
Registration date : 2009-10-24

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?ref=profi

Back to top Go down

Post by BunBun<3 Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:22 am

its problem pb its been doing it to everyone in order to connect type (in console {to open console press "`" key [the key left of 1]})
Code:
/disconnect; vid_restart;wait 1000;reconnect;
this will tell the game to disconnect from any and all servers then clear settings then wait 1000 frames then try to reconnect clearing all ur pk3s and allowing a decent amount of time for pb to connect to any and all servers then to connect to our server

this has been a huge problem lately since pb dropped support for et
BunBun<3
BunBun<3
Admin

Number of posts : 2035
Birthday : 1989-09-07
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down